The Web is full of free SEO tools that you can do yourself. We've been bookmarking these tools as we come across them leading us to this post – a list of the top free, useful SEO tools we've found so far on the web.
Website Grading Tools
- Website Grader measures the marketing effectiveness of your website. Input your URL and related keywords that describe your website and list websites of competitors – these are optional but highly recommended to measure your sites true value. It also provides basic advice on how you can improve your site.
- OnStartups.com is actually a blog for software entrepreneurs. However, they offer a "Grade Your Startup Website" tool very similar to Website Grader.
- SEOmoz's Crawl Test helps you quickly diagnose search engine crawling issues on your website.
- Web Page Analyzer provides you with suggestions on how to improve your page's load time. It determines your page size, download time and composition.
- Google's Website Optimizer Tool tests the images and text on your site to help you increase your visitor's conversion rates and overall satisfaction.
Sitemap Generator Tools
- XML-Sitemaps.com – Build your own site map online and submit it to Google, Yahoo, or any search engine so your site is crawled accordingly.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Discover how Google's views your site, diagnose problems, and share your information to help improve your web site's visibility. You can also see how your site performs by learning what drives traffic to your site.
- Google Keyword Tool – Find the best keywords for your website by finding out how popular they are.
- Digial Point's Keyword Tool – Pulls results from Overture and Wordtracker to determine which keywords are searched most often.
- GTrends from Wordtracker - Find up to 100 related keywords for your site and an estimate of their daily search volume.
- SEOdigger - Determine which keywords on your site rank in Google's Top 20 and analyze your site, etc.
- Keyword Discovery - Generate the top 100 keywords from a cross section of searches.
Online Marketing Dictionaries
- Internet Marketing Dictionary – Not sure what SEO means? Need more information on affiliate marketing? Find out what these terms mean and more.
- SEOmoz – Find out everything you didn't know about search engine optimization (SEO).
- Aaron Wall's SEO Glossary - Another popular search engine marketing dictionary.
Competitive Analysis Tools
- Compete – Perform competitive research with a statistical comparison of up to 5 different websites.
- Quantcast – Allows you to view a site's traffic and demographic trends as well as other details.
- SpyFu - Spy on your competitors by downloading their keywords as well as their Adwords.
Meta Tag Tools
- Meta Tag Analyzer – Submit your URL and receive tips on how to improve your meta tags.
- Meta Tag Generator - Get ideas on which meta tags to use on your site based on your site's name, description, and keywords.
Web Analytic Tools
- Google Analytics – A web analytics tool that allows you to find out where your visitors are coming from, what keywords they're searching for to find you, and much more. View which marketing initiatives are working and which aren't and track online campaigns.
HitTail - See where your current Web site visitors come from, then monitor the results after you make changes to your pages. It helps you figure out which of your keywords are the most promising in real-time. Also suggests keywords tailored to your site and provides ideas for new content, blog posts, or PPC campaigns.
Other Useful Tools:
- Xinureturns.com – An all-in-one tool that provides you with a web site's keywords, descriptions, tags, online time, rankings (such as Google PageRank , Technorati, and Alexa), social bookmarks, indexed pages and backlinks - A great tool that I've used myself numerous times.
- Socialposter – Submit your link to 40 different social sites such as digg, delicious, stumbleupon, technorati, blinklist, and much more.
- PageStrength – Assess your site's importance and visibility.
Let us know if you've found other free tools by adding a comment below and as always, you can find other free and useful marketing resources at our Cheap Zone.