Guru.com is a great source in locating freelance talent in website design, programming, graphic design. If you’re looking for an alternative source, here’s the complete list of similar sites we’ve added so far:
- eLance - Another popular source in finding freelance talent. Find and hire people "on demand"
- oDesk - Hire, manage and pay remote contractors as if they were in thier own office
(We can compared eLance vs. Odesk in this updated post on February 2012)
- ScriptLance - Connect with programmers and outsource web projects
- The Freelance Nation - Find freelancers for accounting/finance projects, marketing projects, programmers and much more. The only one I’ve seen that doesn’t charge transaction fees
- GetaFreelancer.com - Join to find freelance programmers, web designers, and copywriters. Also provides outsourcing opportunities to India, Romania, Ukraine and other countries
- RentACoder (Now vWorker)- Find coders to build your custom software in an international marketplace
Updated (as of October 3, 2011):
These relevant sources were derived from our readers' feedback, thanks everyone!
- AuthenticJobs - Post your project here to find freelancers and full-timers
- AssistU - Find Virtual Assistants trained and coached by the leaders of professional trainers
- JERPAT Virtual Assistants - Another site where you can find Virtual Assistants
- GetFriday - Provide remote executive assistant services to small businesses anywhere in the world
- FreelanceWebMarket - is an online resource for freelance professionals, companies, and individuals from the USA, UK, Canada, India, Romania, and many other countries
In January, 2010, we added a post evaluating oDesk vs. eLance vs. getafreelancer vs. vWorker. Check it out and let us know what you think! In addition, we also published an entry about the advantages of virtual teams.